Energy Procurement Analyst
Resource Energy was founded in 2007 with the mission of assisting commercial real estate owners with their energy needs. Resource Energy began expanding its services to meet this real need in cities and towns across the country, with a focus on customer service and simplifying energy procurement and tenant utility billing for their clients. Today, Resource Energy operates in 45 states with a team of roughly 50 energy analysts, mechanical engineers, sales personnel, and software engineers. The company services hundreds of millions of square feet of commercial energy load, providing a diverse portfolio of properties and companies with creative and highly customized solutions to their energy needs.
Reporting to and working under the general supervision of the Energy Procurement Director, the Energy Procurement Analyst supports multiple clients with the responsibility of energy procurement operations. This position is responsible for initiating and managing the Request for Proposal (RFP) process and managing current customer strategies.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and run RFP’s in all deregulated markets in North America for electricity and natural gas
- Research and track utility account information
- Provide customer updates on supply pricing and RFP results
- Provide written updates to clients on current market fundamentals and outlooks
- Structure and negotiate energy contracts
- Employ our wholesale platform to track market movement and identify execution opportunities for clients
- Assist with forecasting, monitoring, and tracking success of current strategies through reporting of supply and local distribution costs
- Monitor electricity and natural gas market and legislative fundamentals
- Review ISO and local utility level related charges
- BA/BS in Finance, Energy, Mathematics or a similar analytical discipline
- 1-2 years of related work experience with knowledge of energy calculations or energy market experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management, project management and follow through skills
- Knowledge of commodity market concepts and dynamics
- Proficient in using MS Excel
- Proficient in using statistical software preferred
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to interface with all levels within our clients’ organizations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adjust to shifting deadlines
- Motivated to research and learn with minimal direction
Your business background or area of study is less important to us than your potential. Whether you have distinguished yourself in business or in school, the next phase of your career will be shaped by your determination and vision. We encourage you to apply, provided you share an interest in the energy/commodity markets and have demonstrated strong performance and personal drive. Our professionals are entrepreneurial, creative, resourceful, driven, self-motivated, outgoing, and committed.