Keter Environmental Services is a full-service waste and recycling management company operating on a national platform. The Keter team is made up of real estate, financial, and environmental professionals that understand the complexities of commercial and municipal properties and the unique challenges they present. Keter specializes in developing value-based solutions and working with all stakeholders to implement and maintain the most efficient, sustainable, and economical solution for each individual property's waste stream. Keter's mission is to empower people and leverage technology to optimize diversion and efficiency.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of clients or potential clients at a corporate level; this role will have the opportunity to build their own portfolio and develop leads into clients in addition to being provided with a few key accounts upon completion of training. The Account Manager is involved in both sales and account management, playing a key role in company growth, daily operations, and strategic planning. The Account Manager strives to ensure a positive client experience through activities like sharing reporting, ensuring regular communication with corporate contacts, resolving escalated issues, and advocating internally for client needs.
There is a strong financial focus to this role; the Account Manager guards Keter’s profitability, starting with the pre-sales projections to ongoing analysis of property performance. The unique part of this role is that the Account Managwr will be involved in all areas of the business at differing levels at different times for each client, which requires a strong understanding of the Keter business model, the ability to delve into details when needed, and flexibility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Become familiar with your assigned vertical(s): the competitive environment, the opportunities, and the unmet needs.
- Actively identify and pursue properties within your client’s portfolio that are not yet on the Keter program.
- Nurture pre-generated leads and maintain strong momentum behind client requests to add properties to our program.
- Determine driving needs for each corporate contact or property manager and deepen client relationships.
- Perform value-based selling with a focus on long-term profitability of the deal.
- Compile prerequisite information from the client, develop program recommendations, prepare financial projections, create proposals, and pursue through signature.
- Maintain alignment with key corporate contacts and highlight the success Keter is creating for them.
- Serve as a Keter evangelist and client advocate when issues are escalated to a corporate level and maintain communication with client through resolution.
- Manage property implementations and special projects by ensuring that outlined tasks are completed by deadlines, identifying roadblocks and maintaining strong communication with team members.
- Analyze underperforming properties, provide suggestions after research, and involve correct team members in addressing findings.
- Distribute reporting to clients on an established schedule and prepare summaries and explanations to highlight key information.
- Proactively identify areas of need and opportunity within your portfolio.
- Be in tune with bad debt within your portfolio and help solicit corporate client support in tenant collections by understanding the contract terms and following up on opportunities.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in project management, sales, account management or similar roles is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Intermediate Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Must be a quick learner in utilizing new technology.
- Must have a strong understanding of general math & accounting concepts & demonstrate accuracy in financial calculations & analysis.
- Should have strong time management and project management skills.
- Have ability to read and interpret contracts and other business documents.
- Must be an excellent communicator and very detail oriented.