Keter Environmental Services is a full-service waste and recycling management company operating on a national platform. The Keter team is made up of real estate, financial, and environmental professionals that understand the complexities of commercial and municipal properties and the unique challenges they present. Keter specializes in developing value-based solutions and working with all stakeholders to implement and maintain the most efficient, sustainable, and economical solution for each individual property's waste stream. Keter's mission is to empower people and leverage technology to optimize diversion and efficiency.
The Procurement Specialist has responsibility for the procurement ofvendor provided services for waste hauling, disposal, and recycling. Theposition will develop, negotiate and award service contracts based on price,service levels, and overall value to our clients under the direction andsupervision of the Procurement Manager. The position will provide leadership indeveloping a robust national platform for the procurement of all services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates bid packages, negotiates contract terms including pricing, scope of work, and terms and conditions.
- Researches, understands and assesses potential vendors for hauling and disposal services for both waste and recycling
- Cultivates strategies for aggregated pricing models in key market areas.
- Understands spending trends, cost drivers, market factors, geographic considerations and other critical factors that dictate purchasing strategies.
- Collaborates with Operations, Finance, and other Management teams to ensure successful delivery of services in the marketplace.
- Develops an understanding of vendor and client requirements and Procurement Department’s role in exceeding client expectations.
- Develops a working knowledge of the company’s operational and general business applications including but not limited to Operations, Customer Service, Accounting, and Vendor Relations. The incumbent is responsible for understanding of how these functions contribute to the day to day and long-term strategy of the business.
- Maintains proper documentation of all Procurement related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED and professional experience will be highly considered.
- 1-3 years procurement experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience in developing bidding documents and conducting request for proposal (RFP) process.
- Experience in managing regional and national programs.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience.
- Comfortable working in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented, adaptability, strong sense of urgency, accountability, drive for results.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of basic contracting documents.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and summarize into comprehensive reports.
- Proficient in the use Microsoft office with advanced Excel skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.