Keter Environmental Services is a rapidly growing full-service waste and recycling management company operating on a national platform. The Keter team is made up of real estate, financial, and environmental professionals that understand the complexities of commercial and municipal properties and the unique challenges presented by them. Keter specializes in developing value-based solutions and working with all stakeholders to implement and maintain the most efficient, sustainable, and economical solution for each individual property's waste stream. Keter's mission is to empower people and leverage technology to optimize diversion and efficiency.
The Staff Attorney will work closely with our CFO/General Counsel and Operations team by drafting and reviewing various types of contracts and agreements. This Attorney will also provide general legal counsel as assigned in other areas.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reviews contracts between Keter and its customers and vendors, along with drafting key provisions in such contracts.
- Prepares compliance reports with various regulatory agencies.
- Provides research and related support to assist operations team with diverse contractual issues and regulatory matters.
- Communicates with representatives of customers and vendors with regard to negotiation of the contracts.
- Manages litigation (including numerous collection actions) and directs and coordinates with outside counsel.
- Trains and mentors other team members on procedural or legal issues.
- Handles other legal matters and duties as needed.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school with a minimum of three years of law firm and/or in-house experience focused on drafting and reviewing contracts.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Strong research, writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with a team as well as independently.
- Self-starter with the ability to provide proactive, accurate and effective legal support on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to move agreements forward quickly in order to meet critical business objectives in an entrepreneurial environment.