Keter Environmental Services is a full-service waste and recycling management company operating on a national platform. The Keter team is made up of real estate, financial, and environmental professionals that understand the complexities of commercial and municipal properties and the unique challenges they present. Keter specializes in developing value-based solutions and working with all stakeholders to implement and maintain the most efficient, sustainable, and economical solution for each individual property's waste stream. Keter's mission is to empower people and leverage technology to optimize diversion and efficiency.
The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for managing a portfolio of clients at a corporate level. This role is involved in sales, project management, and account management for the assigned portfolio, playing a key role in organic company growth, daily operations, and strategic planning. The AM strives to ensure a positive client experience through activities like sharing reporting, ensuring regular communication with corporate contacts, resolving escalated issues, and advocating internally for client needs. This role will also be leading special projects for clients.
There is a strong financial focus to this role; the Account Manager guards Keter’s profitability, starting with the pre-sales projections to ongoing analysis of property performance. The unique part of this role is that the AM will be involved in all areas of the business at differing levels at different times for each client, which requires a desire to develop a strong understanding of the Keter business model, the ability to delve into details with accuracy, and flexibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Account Management (55%)
- Maintains alignment with key corporate contacts and highlights the success Keter is creating for them.
- Serves as a Keter evangelist and client advocate when issues are escalated to a corporate level and maintains communication with client through resolution.
- Manages property implementations by ensuring that key objectives from sales discussions are achieved and that outlined implementation tasks are completed by deadlines, identifying roadblocks and maintaining strong communication with team members throughout.
- Analyzes underperforming properties, provides suggestions after research, and involves correct team members in addressing findings. Distributes reporting to clients on an established schedule and prepares executive summaries to highlight and explain key information. Identifies areas of need and opportunity within assigned portfolio and drives corporate-level initiatives for each key account.
- Monitors bad debt within designated portfolio and helps solicit corporate client support in tenant collections by understanding the contract terms and following up on opportunities.
Project Management (30%)
- Develops strong relationships with clients who have project-based engagements with Keter, serving as their main point of contact throughout the project.
- Involves Keter subject matter experts as needed to provide accurate advice for development of new waste and recycling programs.
- Keeps Keter apprised of key client needs and timing.
- Ensures prompt responses on all client questions and requests.
- Proactively engages client throughout project.
- Writes technical proposals, presentations, and reports as consulting deliverables.
- Identifies opportunities to increase the depth and scope of information provided and to enhance the presentation of material.
- Develops personal understanding of waste and recycling program needs over time to the point where Keter internal experts are needed mainly for review.
Account Growth (15%)
- Pursues properties within designated client’s portfolio that are not yet on the Keter program.
- Nurtures organic leads and maintains strong momentum behind client requests to add properties to our program.
- Determines driving needs for each corporate contact or property manager and deepens client relationships.
- Performs value-based selling with a focus on long-term profitability of the deal.
- Compiles prerequisite information from the client, develops program recommendations, prepares financial projections, creates proposals, and pursues through signature.
- Excellent project management skills Intermediate Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills Must be a quick learner
- Must have a strong understanding of general math concepts and demonstrate accuracy in financial calculations and analysis
- Ability to read and interpret contracts and other business documents
- Excellent communicator
- Likes to solve problems and to make the complex simple
- Strong internal drive and ability to self-direct with minimal instruction
- Impeccable follow-through Meticulous with details
- Quick to adapt to changing priorities