Field Operations Manager
Keter Environmental Services is a full-service waste and recycling management company operating on a national platform. The Keter team is made up of real estate, financial, and environmental professionals that understand the complexities of commercial and municipal properties and the unique challenges they present. Keter specializes in developing value-based solutions and working with all stakeholders to implement and maintain the most efficient, sustainable, and economical solution for each individual property's waste stream. Keter's mission is to empower people and leverage technology to optimize diversion and efficiency.
The Field Manager is responsible for managing waste and recycling programs at client locations consisting of regional shopping centers, office developments and mixed-use centers. Responsibilities include hauler and customer relationship management, program implementation, design, and management. Works directly with members of the operational team such as other Field and Regional Managers, Inside Operation Specialists, the Finance staff, and the leadership team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintains and implements strategic direction to improve the financial performance of assigned properties.
- Makes specific recommendations and changes for a properties profit and diversion improvement.
- Conducts monthly agenda calls (where applicable) with client(s).
- Manages properties in a portfolio by educating tenants, inspecting and managing equipment, overseeing daily operations, controls, and accounting functions.
- Develops a working knowledge of all facets of the business including, but not limited to, efficiency, diversion, customer service, finance, A/R, auditing, vendor relations, and industry regulations.
- Communicates with multiple departments regarding operational issues.
- Completes and maintains reports as directed in a timely manner.
- Completes Vendor/Facility visits within the region.
- Assists the sales team by conducting site surveys as needed.
- Researches potential vendors for properties such as hauling and recycling companies, pressure washers, repair and maintenance companies, etc.
- Works with the operational staff to understand PSI gauge readings, budgeted pulls by container and size, efficiency targets, and documentation of customer data.
- Analyzes waste, recycles, and composts programs at properties to develop and implement enhancement opportunities.
- Develops partnerships with customers through proactive communication.
- Gains market knowledge of waste and recycling providers operating within the assigned region.
- Addresses and documents operational issues ensuring that all issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Conducts regular site visits to ensure operations are meeting the Keter standard.
- Provides prompt and accurate property and audit reports to the Operation and Accounting Departments.
- Assists in the implementation of operational projects as needed and communicating with customers about service issues and resolutions.
- Performs on-site training of tenants and property staff on proper waste and recycling procedures.
- Ensures all equipment signage is promptly and accurately placed where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years professional experience preferred.
- Reviews waste, recycling, and compost programs for onsite source separation, service adjustments, and equipment re-configurations to drive optimal value.
- Works with the finance department to assist with collection efforts, including on-site meetings with tenant management.
- Reviews P&L statements monthly and advise the Finance team of necessary corrections.
*Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in waste and recycling, the service industry, property management, or retail industry is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels within an organization.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and achieve goals.
- Understanding of the business and its processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – i.e., Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organization and follow up skills – extremely detail oriented.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work long hours as needed, work alone without supervision, and meet deadlines.