Keter Environmental Services is a full-service waste and recycling management company operating on a national platform. The Keter team is made up of real estate, financial, and environmental professionals that understand the complexities of commercial and municipal properties and the unique challenges they present. Keter specializes in developing value-based solutions and working with all stakeholders to implement and maintain the most efficient, sustainable, and economical solution for each individual property's waste stream. Keter's mission is to empower people and leverage technology to optimize diversion and efficiency.
The Fleet Manager maintains full life cycle responsibility for Keter’s nationwide assets of waste and recycling compactors, balers, sensors, monitors,and other similar equipment located at client sites. The successful Fleet Manager is an intrapreneur with demonstrated experience growing new business verticals from within a core business, while improving operational and financial performanceof the existing business. In addition to exemplary relationship and communication skills, a strong business, financial,and operational acumen are core to the successful Fleet Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage relationships with manufacturers, technicians, and refurbishment facilities on both a local and national platform to improve service and decrease costs.
- Maximize the ROI on existing equipment, including identifying opportunities to add or remove equipment that will benefit the financial performance of client sites.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of financing options and the impact of interest rates when negotiating capital-lease options with equipment manufacturers.
- Create an awareness of Keter’s equipment wherewithal for end users, specifically through the creation of secondary markets to redeploy assets while selling and leading Keter into those opportunities.
- Actively engage with Keter’s sales team to understand where equipment needs are on the horizon and the best deployment of assets to fulfill such needs.
- Work with Keter’s Regional Manager and field network to efficiently manage the installation, removal and management of all fleet assets.
- Ensure the fleet meets or exceeds OSHA and ANSI standards.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive preventative maintenance program maximizing the useful life of each asset.
- Review and approve all major repair or replacement requests and manage warranty claims to recover expenses.
- Negotiate and procure replacement parts direct with manufacturers.
- Track Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by manufacturer and utilize TCO for negotiating and recommending future purchases.
- Use proprietary software to track pertinent information on equipment activity.
- Design and purchase equipment that meets Keter specifications and best fits the customer application.
- Support and advise management on all facets of fleet management including selection, procurement, operations, maintenance, budgeting, and retirement of assets.
- Analyze reporting to identify opportunities for efficient deployment of equipment assets.
- Oversee special projects and/or produce customized reports as requested.
- Understand emerging technology available in the marketplace and develop ROI calculations when necessary.
- Lead contract negotiation for all business terms under the purview of the Fleet department
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-5 years management experience.
- A self-starter with both an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office products to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills to engage with customers, vendors, staff, and executives to exchange information, negotiate, influence and persuade.
- Demonstration of mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work in a busy environment and provide timely and accurate data.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to manage competing deadlines.