Site Survey Specialist
Keter Environmental Services is a full-service waste and recycling management company operating on a national platform. The Keter team is made up of real estate, financial, and environmental professionals that understand the complexities of commercial and municipal properties and the unique challenges they present. Keter specializes in developing value-based solutions and working with all stakeholders to implement and maintain the most efficient, sustainable, and economical solution for each individual property's waste stream. Keter's mission is to empower people and leverage technology to optimize diversion and efficiency.
The Site Survey Specialist is responsible for conducting site surveys at prospective client sites and reporting their findings back to the Sales and Operations teams. Responsibilities include gathering all operational details of the existing waste and recycling programs and providing detailed survey notes in order to help Sales and Operations determine the most optimal and efficient program for each site surveyed. The Site Survey Specialist works directly with members of the Operational team, including Field and Regional Managers, and the Diversion, Fleet, Procurement, and Sales departments. The Site Survey Specialist is responsible for completing surveys at prospective client sites on an as-needed and national platform with travel anticipated at 90%.
The employee in this position will work remotely and can live anywhere in the United States.
Duties and responsibilities
- Documents the all relevant aspects of property while conducting site surveys at prospective client sites:
- Takes detailed photos of all equipment, service courts/docks, and any obstructions that may impact daily operations.
- Makes specific recommendations and changes for a properties profit and diversion improvement.
- Develops a working knowledge of all facets of the business including, but not limited to, efficiency, diversion, customer service, finance, A/R, auditing, vendor relations, and industry regulations.
- Communicates with multiple departments regarding survey feedback and recommendations.
- Completes and maintains reports as directed in a timely manner.
- This position requires travel more than 90% of the time. Overnight travel is expected 75%+ of the time.
*Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years professional experience preferred.
- Previous experience in waste and recycling, the service industry, property management, or retail industry is a plus.
- Ability to documents meticulous notes and recaps from site surveys.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels within an organization.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and achieve goals.
- Understanding of the business and its processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – i.e., Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organization and follow up skills – extremely detail oriented.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work long hours as needed, work alone without supervision, and meet deadlines.